Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A bit of a slowdown

Skipped posting yesterday as I regrouped from the weekend.  We attended our fourth (of six) Formation Weekends for the Aspirancy Year of the Permanent Diaconate.  Each time one approaches, I have the mixed internal feelings of giving up my weekend with so much to do around the house and the time away and getting to know my fellow aspirants and to grow in faith and education.  We only have 4 years of Formation and the first has gone so quickly.  It's hard to believe that we are almost to the end of year one.

Not being in class with my fellow aspirants is a challenge.  It has taken me to the fourth weekend before I think I know everyone by name including spouses.  Each time I leave, I take inventory of who I know, who I don't know well enough and what I will do about it next time.

This week is a bit of a relief.  My online class on the first 500 years of Christianity ended last week, so no reading and no paper due.  The next class, years 500-1000, starts April 25, just after Easter.  So a few weeks of free Thursday evenings.  Still have 4 weeks of training to become a Hospice volunteer.  Still have two more weeks of Lenten Dinners and Evening Prayer at the church on Fridays and still have 2 more weeks of class on Tuesday after Eucharistic Adoration.

We've scheduled our interview to move into the Candidacy year of Formation for April 14.  I think I'm better prepared now than I was for our first interview.  We'll see if I am as prepared as I think I am.  This will be a 30 minute interview as a couple as we discern our calling to my becoming a Permanent Deacon in NH.  That may seem strange, but it is up to both of us to discern whether this is right for me.  I feel it is and expect Kathy feels the same from our discussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment