Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Class Time

Tonight begins year 2 of our Diaconate Formation classes.  We start with the Synoptic Gospels.  It looks like we only have to write one 700 word paper toward the middle of the 4 week class.  It can't be just that - I'm prepared that we'll get assigned a final paper.  As soon as that class ends in early October, I travel to the UK for a trade show for a week and as soon as I return from that, we have our first Formation Weekend of 2011-2012.  So I'll have 12 days away from home as soon as class ends.

Looking forward to class starting.  A bit anxious since I have not been in a classroom setting with the other candidates, but I do know all 22 of them.  Four will be joining us remotely from Plymouth, NH via teleconference.  The diocese worked hard to ensure we all got the same instruction, so the teleconference helps us all hear the same message.  I think they will be videotaped also since one person can't attend Thursday classes due to work scheduling.

I'm also quite anxious about my talk on Saturday.  I'll have to find time to review what I've prepped and be sure it is in a final state ready to go for Saturday morning.

We are also listing my mom's house on Wednesday night, so a mad rush to clean out the final items from my childhood home.  Even though it is empty, it's still home.  The thought of someone else living in "my" home is troubling, but we all must let go.

So with the anxiety, the activity, the stress, it is becoming a tough week.  I'll be glad once Sunday afternoon comes and it's all behind me and I am watching the Pats beat San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment