Saturday, September 3, 2011

Saturday - a rare post

So here we have one rare long holiday weekend.  It is really special to have Monday off.  Makes Sunday night feel like Saturday. And you know how I am about time.

Mass in the AM at our usual 8 AM. I still need to accomplish changing the oil in my lawn mower, snow blower (winter prep you know!) and generator.  I figure all at once is efficient although I am putting synthetic in the generator to buy time.  Perhaps I should do the same in the snow blower.

Niagara really made me think about God.  It made me aware of a creator for our planet.  Did anyone see the crescent moon last night?  I really like reading about scientist's theories about the creation of the universe, and specifically our solar system and planets.  I think most of us don't ponder these things often enough.  How many of you confuse the solar system and the universe?  I still need to think about it to try to grasp the expanse of everything.  Have you ever tried to grasp the size of the universe and the secular theory that we are just one of thousands of planets with life as yet undiscovered?  It really astounds me. Back to the crescent moon - I was driving to Nocturnal Adoration at Midnight last night when I noticed it.  It was one of those nights when the moon appeared larger than it should in our atmosphere.  That made me think about our size in the universe and our importance.  Sometimes I get complacent about Nocturnal Adoration because it can seem repetitive.  The drive reminded me about how insignificant I am in the universe.  My mother-in-law is beginning to decline and we were reminded of that last night via a brief hospital visit.  It makes me think of my eventual decline.  Can I bring someone, or some people to God before my decline?  Can I provide some witness or an example to a creator?  I can only follow God's will and remind myself regularly that I am His servant.  Just some random thoughts that run through my mind on a regular basis.  It keeps me focused on time and how precious a commodity time can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment