Monday, October 3, 2011

Anxiety and anticipation

Now starts a very busy two weeks, with two "lost" weekends in the mix.  I say lost only because weekends are my time.  I try to find some alone time and a good amount of family time on weekends.  Next weekend, I head to the UK on Saturday night.  I like England, but still the idea of losing 'my' weekend to travel never excites me.  Until I arrive at the destination.  It's a Saturday night flight that arrives Sunday late morning.  I'm traveling with a friend which will make it easier, and I sleep ok on a plane - although those around me won't, the poor souls, due to my snoring.

I return Friday, 10/14 around 2 PM (hopefully) and then bright and early Saturday morning, head to Contoocook for our first Diaconate Formation weekend of the 2011-2012 Formation Year.  Topic is Spirituality of the Leader.  Formation weekends are fantastic, we've really enjoyed each one.  The instructors change each time, and I do have a favorite in the past, but each weekend has been a great experience with the topic, the food and especially the community of Candidates and Leaders.  And...we have improved our coffee plans this year.  We consume enormous amounts of coffee - in the past, faster than we can brew.  So we are donating two Bunn coffee brewers that I am purchasing and bringing with us to the facility.  All the Candidates are contributing as our gift to the facility (and ourselves!)

So some prep work this week before the trip in addition to the usual grind.  Lots of reading still to do for class, but I will be complete by tomorrow night.  First class is almost complete.  We turned in our paper last Thursday, so the 'homework' portion of the class is done.  Next class on Church history is not so simple, with 2 page papers due each week and a 5 pager at the end.  Right before our first lesson (on a Formation Weekend) on Homiletics!

Off to meet with my spiritual director in a few hours.  Another part of Formation I really like.  Keeps me growing spiritually while all this education happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment