Sunday, October 9, 2011

Forecast - cloudy and chance of rain

You know you are in the UK when the forecast is overcast and light rain for the week.

Nice hotel, just across the street from the show.  I was lucky to sleep almost the entire flight, woke up with 20 minutes before landing in London Heathrow.  However, the flight was not without adventure.  About 2 hours into the flight, we heard the flight attendant call a "Code Red" at the back of the aircraft.  After a bit of activity, another voice inquired if there was a doctor on board the aircraft.  It started me thinking of how that would impact the flight when we were 2 hours over the Atlantic.  I wondered if we would turn back, or land at another airport prior to Heathrow.  A short bit later they brought the passenger up to first class to manage her care for the duration of the flight.  She was a young woman and it made me think and pray for her well being regardless of how it impacted our flight plans.  I imagined myself in her shoes, frightened of what could happen to her health 35,000 ft above the Atlantic ocean halfway between the USA and UK.  In the end we landed on schedule and the flight was met by paramedics to treat the young lass.

So now that I have arrived, most of the anxiety has left and I am going to enjoy the week here - Friday will arrive before long.  Lots of friends here and colleagues from the states for the trade show.  This will be my only method of communication for the week, so I'm hoping for a few posts.  In the meantime, here are some photos of the hotel room and the view of the convention center from my room:




1 comment:

  1. Well the pictures are wonderful. The only thing that could be better would be me with you or you home with me. Keeping myself busy doing things around the yard and will do some more things tomorrow. I may even mow the lawn while you are gone. Stay save and remember I am always thinking of you and missing you.

    ReplyDelete