Saturday, October 22, 2011

Saturday AM and all is quiet

My favorite time of the week.  K is already off to have the final yard sale of my parent's stuff.  We are hoping that we have a firm buyer for the house.  C is asleep and M slept over a friend's house (actually, C's girlfriend's house) so I am alone with J - the dog.

Another week has flown by.  I am lector at 8 AM mass tomorrow, I haven't been at the parish in two weeks, with the UK and then the Formation Weekend, so it will be good to re-connect with the 8 AM Mass crowd after mass.

We start our second class next week in Church.  4 weeks and then Thanksgiving.  This class will be more challenging as there is a paper due each week.  On Nov 5, I am speaking at another Men of St Joseph men's breakfast in Litchfield.  More practice, new topic.

K has decided to go back for some schooling in a new field.  Great news and it will be quite challenging as the course work is M-Th for 18 weeks from 4-10 PM.  She'll work all day and then jet off to school.  It will be fun around the house.  Looks like the kids will have to get some chores!

With no class this week, I was able to attend Eucharistic Adoration on Tuesday.  I didn't realize how much I miss that with the busy-ness of school.  It also reminds me of Mom, since for the last year, I would call her on my way there.  I think of her each time I go, among the many other times I think about both parents.

So, a few last pics of England with some comments:


The tower in the center of Manchester

My hotel

The Midland Hotel, next to my hotel.

Albert Hall?

Is this the location from the Beatles song?  How many holes does it take to fill it?

A strange architecture for a Hilton Hotel.

Final night at pub.  The ale goes down too easily.  This glass was not my first of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment