Sunday, November 27, 2011

Church - 5 pages

Has it really been 18 days since my last post?  I haven't really been up to posting anything.  The last time I thought about it seriously, I knew I was in a funk and knew that I just needed time to come out of it.  I think I've arrived.

It's the last day of a four day holiday.  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year.  Four days where the focus is family and food - no stress about gifts and running around like Christmas.  Just time to be with family, friends and eat!

The downside is that not only does the holiday end today, but today is also the last race of the Formula 1 calendar.  My least favorite track (Sao Paulo, Brazil) and I measure the winter by when F1 starts again in March.  It always seems like such a long way off.  Quite a boring racing year in F1 from my perspective - Sebastian Vettel won almost everything and was the champion two races ago.

Anyway, along with the normal football today, especially the Pats at 4:15, I need to write my 5 page paper to complete my class in Church History.  I've finally settled on a topic - educating the faithful after Vatican II.  Now the question is, can I ramble on for 5 pages on that topic, or will I need a subtopic to hit the page count.

After that is complete, it's anxiety time as we prepare for a Formation Weekend next week on Homiletics.  It's our first time on this topic, with one Formation Weekend per year on preaching.  I expect we'll be tested in preaching so that there can be some assessment on where we all are in public speaking.  I always get quite anxious with public speaking, which tends to keep me on my game, but still a source of a lot of stress.  Preaching in front of your peers is also quite stressful.  But I'll get through it.

So rather than keep typing here, I'll go type some of those 5 pages....

No comments:

Post a Comment