Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Paper done!

Got my paper done Sunday during 7-8 hours of watching football.  Proofread it last night, and I'm really pleased with the content and flow, but what really matters is that my professor likes it.  He doesn't need to agree with it, just needs to like it.  So far, I have done well in this course based on the feedback I received on my first two papers.

After having a really bad Monday and a so-so Tuesday, things are looking up today!  I'm quite anxious about our upcoming Formation Weekend on Homiletics.  Don't know why - but I think it's mostly fear of the unknown.  I've done plenty of speaking in public and even made sure I used two opportunities to speak on Gospel passages at Men of St Joseph.  Perhaps it's more that I'll be doing it in front of my peers.  We're also using a book called "Preaching without notes" and that is part of it - I NEVER have done any public speaking without at least an outline to follow.  All that wrapped up has me all wound up for this weekend.

However, to balance it all out, K and I went and purchased a spa for our back yard this past weekend.  We had a spa for several years that I purchased from a close friend.  It eventually developed leaks and we drained it and eventually gave it away.  We'll need to do a little wiring work, but hopefully by Christmas, we'll be enjoying +103°F water out under the stars in 0°F weather.  I find that when I am anxious about something, it's always helpful to find something in the future to focus on.  I keep telling myself - once I complete the weekend, then it's just a short time until the spa is hooked up!

No comments:

Post a Comment