Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dr Scott Hahn

Yesterday was a great day.  We went to see Dr Scott Hahn with good friends from our parish, had an early dinner with them and then came home to watch the Pats beat the Broncos.

Dr Hahn is a popular Catholic Author and Apologist.  He was appearing to give a talk based on a few of his books at a parish in Andover, MA.  We heard about his schedule a few months ago and immediately bought tickets.  I own about 10 of his books and have read about half of them.  I told him that my discernment toward becoming a deacon began with a class I took in the Mass that was based on his book "The Lamb's Supper"  That class was the slippery slope for me, leaving me continually looking for more to learn and do to serve God and His Church.  It was followed by a class in Mary from his book "Hail, Holy Queen" and Confession from his book "Lord, Have Mercy."  He gave two very engaging and deep talks regarding topics from his newer books, including Signs of Life.

Here are a couple of photos of K and I with Dr Hahn, or Scott as he introduced himself.



1 comment:

  1. See Dr.Hahn with friends and my best friend my husband was wonderful. He is amazing speaker and really enjoyed it. Also saw friends from another parish and they were amazed as much as I was. Spending time with my best friend is the best and listening to a great author could not have been a better day.

    ReplyDelete