Friday, August 12, 2011

Last day and heading home

It's Friday and our last day at the beach for 2011.  Although we have until Saturday at 11, we usually leave Friday evening to sleep in our own bed and have all of Saturday at home getting back into the swing of real life.

Usually I use the time at the beach to reflect on my career path.  Not necessary this year.  Another reflection  I am continuously reviewing is time.  Time is one of my pet peeves and is clearly more precious than cash.  I always think when I hear someone say they didn't do something because they had no time, that what they are really saying is "it wasn't important enough for me to do it"  We seem to find the time to do what is really important or necessary.  I recognize that sometimes there really isn't time left to get to something, but if it was really important....

I think of this a lot about the lack of attendance at mass.  We got 168 hours in a week, sleep for at least 50 of them and God and His church asks us for one of those hours.  Doesn't seem so demanding to me.  One hour of worship to refuel our soul and prepare us for the coming week to be aware of God in the world and our role as members of His body.

Time - more on this when I return.  It's time to cook breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment