Thursday, August 4, 2011

Vacation, Thursday, Week 1

OK, it's Thursday, the sun is out again and still enjoying the ocean and the reading.  Have caught up on work emails, called the boss and touched base with a few customers.  We're heading back to the ranch today to check on the house, pick up a guest for a few days and back to full time relaxation.  K is almost finished with Season 2 of Merlin, another of our favorite BBC shows.

As soon as vacation is done, it will be a bit of travel and then getting ready for year 2 of Formation for the diaconate.  Looking around early in the morning and late in the evening, it's humbling looking at God's creation and taking it in how insignificant we are in this universe.  We get to enjoy this beauty, but don't spend much time reflecting on it.  Instead we busy ourselves with work, family issues and realizing our "goals"  I usually come to the beach to reflect on my career, where I am at and what I need to do.  This year is the first time in the 15 years we've been coming to the beach that I am completely content in my job and instead am reflecting on my faith, my goals and how to embrace it more fully as I continue formation.

One thing - this blog will start to contain more of that.  For the most part, I have chronicled my activities but not my outlook or feelings.  I think I'll try to incorporate both going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment