Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Vacation, Tuesday, week 2

Still getting LOTS of reading in, among watching DVDs, eating and some time in the ocean.  Yesterday was the best ocean day we have had.  Low tide, large waves, some sun, some clouds, water was relatively warm (for New England)  Then lightning, out of the water, beach closed and a quick, heavy shower.  Followed by God's bow over the ocean.  Of course I explained the science behind the prism effect of the water and light to my son's friend, but there was the end of the Noah story.

Coincidentally, we got our syllabi for our first two classes for fall.  We need 5 books and fortunately for me, I already own two of them and was already reading one.  So perhaps I am a bit ahead?  I ordered the other 3 from Barnes & Noble, so I can get a head start on the Synoptic Gospels.

With only a few days left to go, reality starts to set it.  This has been one of the best vacations ever for me.  The kids are older tho and made almost no use of the ocean.  C probably won't come back for two weeks and M is on edge, but it's likely we will be back.  Wish my mom and dad were here, they would have liked this place - more of a cottage than what we are used to.  The master bedroom has a slider to a deck that is not accessible from the ground and you can fall asleep to the ocean waves.  The real thing beats those ocean CDs.

OK - enough writing, off to do some reading before heading for Tripoli (the best beach pizza!) for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment