Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Time

Back again, three days into the work week.  Travel to Reno, NV next week and Buffalo, NY the week after.

Last post talked about time.  How time flies!  Two weeks of vacation behind me.  Fall is coming.  Then Birthdays, Thanksgiving and Christmas!.  Also back to class on Sept 13.  Where will I find time for homework?

We seem to work all our lives for money yet time is much more scarce than money.  I am constantly and consistently aware of time and how little of it we really control.  Each day, 8 hrs min of work, 8 hrs hopefully of sleep and 8 hrs for us?  Where does prayer fit in?  Does it fit?  For the past year I have been doing Morning and Evening Prayer from the Liturgy of the hours.  Alone this is 5-10 minutes twice per day.  Yet I regularly miss Evening prayer.  And on weekends, I'm completely out of it.  Why can't I find 10 minutes twice per day to pray?

Each weekday I resolve that at the end of the workday, I'll find the 10 minutes for Evening Prayer and more often than not I fail.  Why?  Time.  I get consumed - when is dinner, I need to get a few things done first, a phone call, personal time.

Weekends - two days to accomplish some resting, work around the house and some personal activities.  This weekend is already crammed - a cookout for all the Deacons and Candidates on Saturday.

Well, I've taken enough time with this post.  I hope it makes anyone reading ponder time a bit more deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment