Thursday, July 7, 2011

Has it really been a week?

Nothing like a Blog to remind you how fast time passes.  At work in the past, we had several jobs that were late by several months.  This is not uncommon when working on complex military designs in the development phase. When asked by management how we got 6 months (or whatever the time was) behind schedule, my engineering manager would reply softly "One day at a time."  How true! We let things slide only for a day.  One day turns to two.  Before we know it a week has passed.

I got back from travel Friday.  A long weekend loomed but is now a memory.  Spent some time with my brother and his wife Monday - family time is good.  Especially when your parents are gone and you no longer have a reason to meet at that central meeting point.

This weekend is a small gathering for my son's graduation.  Too busy in June to fit in a family and friends gathering, we postponed it until now.  Still planning to travel at least once more this month - either back to NY/NJ, upstate NY or FL.  I'll fit at least one trip in and it would be good to do two.  Upstate NY may include some family accompanying me on a business trip.  August is fasts approach and that two weeks at the beach is coming up fast.  Booking that in January makes summer seem so far away.

In making sure I stay engaged spiritually this summer, I started a book Tuesday night called "What Happened at Vatican II"  We have at least one formation weekend on this topic in the fall/winter and I think a class covering this in more detail.  Regardless, it will be good to get more detail and a clearer perspective of the politics of the time and the wranglings during the council leading to the published documents.

I received our information on class times for the fall and it's clear that I'll have to give up two activities.  One is for me, which will be sad to back away from. The other is a service group and that will leave a hole.  I pray it will be filled.

I'm planning to post more personal insights over the next few months to spur some extra thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment