Saturday, May 21, 2011

MoSJ and Laurel & Hardy

A full Saturday.  I gave up my favorite time to attend the monthly Men of St Joseph ministry at my parish.  This is where Catholic men get together once per month in prayer and fellowship looking to strengthen each other spiritually.  There are 2 other Deacon Aspirants that attend regularly as well as an average of ~23 others.  I find the two hours to be well led, spiritually helpful and I really like the sharing with others.  Every month I meet someone new.  Next month I plan to venture out to another parish's MoSJ meeting to meet more new people.

Tonight was also the last "Tent Meeting" of the Laurel and Hardy film club that my brother runs.  Fans of Laurel & Hardy gather in clubs called "Tents" and watch movies - silent films and/or features.  Tonight were some of their funniest films to date and still after about 7 years we still have movies that we haven't seen.  R has about 4-6 meetings per year with some great guys that gather for laughs, food and conversation.  I left a little early to pick up C & M (the kids) at their friends house.  So at 11:40 PM we're all safely home.

Looks like I'm getting in the swing of this blogging, posting much more regularly now.

Also, no update yet on the book mission from Friday.  Went to Borders with a 50% off coupon and B&N tonight with a 15% off coupon, but neither store had any of the titles I was searching for.  So the hunt continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment