Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday - EARLY

It's 5:15 AM Saturday as I write this.  It is the absolute best time of the week.  The kids are home, safe and asleep (for many hours yet), Kathy is awake, as usual at least an hour earlier than me.  Coffee is made, that first cup is the best.  The newspaper is in the house and no work today.

I got a car prepped last night before I went to bed to read, so I felt like I had accomplished something I wanted to do rather than needed to do.  I'll finish it today and offer it for sale.

Today is another in many busy Saturdays - Down to mom's house to continue cleaning out her belongings after her passing in January.  Tonight is my brother's surprise birthday party - he's 50.  Tomorrow is mass, followed by first communion for my nephew, then a party.  Weekends are busier than I'd like, but I enjoy the activity.  It just makes the alone time early in the morning even better.  Saturdays from 5-10 have long been my keep out zone.  I really miss when my mom and dad would arrive every Saturday around 10 AM and we'd spend the day together.  But life continues after their loss.

Off to enjoy the day.  I feel good to be 'journaling' more regularly now.

No comments:

Post a Comment