Thursday, December 22, 2011

Disappointment

Well, I was all amped up yesterday anticipating our new spa.  It arrived early, and I had the location all prepped, at least I thought.  Once the spa was on the pad, the overhang was a bit greater than what I expected based on the measurements I was given.  First disappointment, as I could not just start filling with water.  I was told I'd need to add some support under the edges that overhang so there was no risk of the spa shell fracturing.  OK - I can deal with that, a few days of delay perhaps and under my control.  Then I noticed an imperfection in the base on the perimeter on a side that shows.  I thought it was a crack and so did the guys delivering the spa, but when I looked closer it was not, but still a manufacturing defect in the base.  Fortunately K came home and knowing how much if a perfectionist I am, she agreed we should get a new one.  The guys and the shop were very accommodating and apologized.  So now it's about 4-5 weeks before another arrives and I'm left in the cold, depressed over the wait.

This bothered me all day, and still does to some degree.  But late in the day, I was reminded how insignificant my little issue is. I got an email from a fellow parishioner to pray for the child of someone who was airlifted to Boston Children's Hospital.  No other news, but just reflecting on that family having to deal with whatever issue with their child just days before Christmas whacked me in the head at how my little "problem" was so minor to what is really important.  Another reminder from God that our time and how we choose to spend it is really the most important thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment