Sunday, December 4, 2011

John 14:27

"Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid."  How often did Jesus stress peace?  Why don't I recall this passage more frequently when my anxiety kicks in.  Any worry over the last week was for nothing, as usual.

Our weekend on Homiletics was fantastic, facilitated by Fr Michael Medas from the Archdiocese of Boston.  In just the first session, I went from fear to hope.  From thinking I couldn't do this (even though I knew that was anxiety and fear) to confidence.  Our formation directors have proposed that our homiletics practice will be by offering reflections of the readings we have during Liturgy of the Hours.  So what do I do?  I volunteer to lead a reflection at our next Formation Weekend in February.  Now that's the way to overcome fear - volunteer to face it at the next possible opportunity.

Below are some photos.  First is a photo of K and I with Fr Michael.  Many thanks to him for the time this weekend, his guidance and prayers and providing us the tools to begin our journey in Homiletics.  Following that photo are some pictures of our facilities for the weekend.  Each time we arrive for a weekend, I am grateful for the environment that the diocese provides us as we continue on our journey.

Don't forget, click on the photos for a larger version

The facility - front
 The facility - rear

 The 'great room' - our meeting space for the weekend


The view from the great room







No comments:

Post a Comment