Monday, June 13, 2011

Back home, recovering from a small cold

Got back Friday evening from Baltimore and came down with a bit of a cold.  Perhaps I shook one too many hands in Baltimore.  My son joined the Knights of Columbus Friday evening, attending a First Degree Ceremonial.

Saturday was more laid back as I let the cold run its course.  I went to a meeting for Men's Ministry within the parish.  I am now part of the core team that leads this fine ministry.  So, I was treated to a great breakfast and then we assigned tasks for the balance of the calendar year.  I was assigned facilitator in September which will give me an opportunity to speak in front of a group.  I think my topic will be spirituality and the workplace, how we can bring the two together.

Sunday we attended mass as a family and then kicked back to watch a fantastic F1 race from Montreal.  My daughter and I then went to Barnes & Nobles for some books and a latte together.  Our alone time to talk.  Tough night sleeping last night as the cold is still with me.

Met with my spiritual director today and relived the Rite of Candidacy.  I keep reflecting on that event and I feel somewhat changed by it.

Tomorrow is Eucharistic Adoration in the chapel at the parish.  The first one in a few months where I do not have an online class, so I need to choose something spiritual to begin reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment