Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Traveling - PA, NJ, NY

I am traveling for work this week and write this in a hotel in NY on Long Island.  I love this part of the job.  I took an unusual route this week though - especially for me being a creature of habit.  I flew to PA because the main visit of the trip was to a company in PA.  Took care of that today and although not perfect, I think I achieved what my factory desired.

This trip is more challenging than most.  The main visit/account moved my planned meeting from Tuesday afternoon to Wednesday late morning.  That negated my NJ visits planned for Weds, just couldn't get there in time.  I have two committed visits in NY and working to schedule a third.  Then it's back to PA for the flight home.  I would usually start in NY, but the main customer in PA needed attention first.

At least there are two additional strong visits for tomorrow.  Alot more driving between appointments than I usually like or plan.  All this means that I will need to come back to the area in a few weeks to double back to the accounts that I wanted to see, but couldn't fit in with the juggling.

By the time I get home my new camera should have arrived.  No one was home to receive it today, hopefully it will be received tomorrow.

One drawback from travel is I miss the family and my time at church on Tuesday evening.  I'll have Nocturnal Adoration at midnight Friday night to help fill the void.

Holiday weekend so I'll get an extra day to play with the new toy and learn the new features.  I'll have to sell the old camera to pay for the new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment